A classical power grid is characterized by an energy production which is controllable according to the demand, and a feed of big power plants with a rotating mass.
But in the course of the power revolution there appear a lot of local producers of energy: photovoltaic systems and wind turbines are their examples.
But these producers show a high volatility in the energy production and it threatens the stability of the grid. Moreover, the rotating mass is being decreased by the pending shutdowns of nuclear power plants (from 2022).
In this way, a compensation of the volatile feed by some balancing power (control energy, too) plays a very important role within the scope of the energy revolution.
The primary control power is an important component of the balancing energy, because it has to meet the highest requirements for a reliability and a fast availability.
The primary control power is in this way an important component of the energy revolution.
VISION OF THE GERMAN FEDERAL GOVERNMENT:
The energy revolution in Germany is considered as a model for other countries and consequently constitutes the chance for German high-tech providers on the worldwide expanding market of renewable energies.
GOALS OF THE GERMAN FEDERAL GOVERNMENT:
- Reduction of the CO2-emissions thanks to a development of renewable energies.
- Increase of the energy efficiency.
- Coupling of the sectors of electricity, heat supply and traffic.
AS A RESULT OF THIS DIRECTIVE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT AXIOM OF THE E-MOBILITY:
The e-mobility can be credible and environment-friendly only if the used power is
produced exclusively from regenerative sources of energy.
- There has to be a possibility to accumulate power produced in a regenerative way in periods of a low demand,
so that it can be supplied to the energy market / e-vehicles in case of an increased demand.
- If power produced in a regenerative way is not sufficiently accumulated, there has to be enough power
for a charging station.
- Integration of e-vehicles in accumulating systems in future as a bidirectional accumulating medium
(accumulation and discharging).
On the basis of different essential requirements for the technology a new idea has come to existence. Its purpose is
the economic efficiency as a fitting element for the energy revolution.
CONSTRUCTION OF A CHARGING STATION AS AN ACTIVE BIDIRECTIONAL USER ON
THE MARKET OF THE PRIMARY CONTROL ENERGY, AS WELL AS “PEAK SHAVING”.
and smoothing of peak loads